Listography – The Top 5 Places I’d Like to Visit

I guess I’ve travelled a far bit, but there are just so many places I’d like to visit that narrowing it down to five for Kate’s Listography is a real challenge!

My first choice is totally fixed and until I go there it will remain top of the list, but the others are subject to my every whim, mwah ha ha!

1) New York

I’ve wanted to visit New York for ages, partly because of the theatre, but mostly because of the fantastic architecture. The Chrysler Building (pic) is my favourite building – if it’s even possible to have such a thing, but I’d love to visit the Guggenheim Museum, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and the Flatiron Building – such iconic landmarks. It’s also a source of sadness that I’ll never see the World Trade Centre with my own eyes, although I know that sounds a bit trite given the whole story of 9/11.

It’s on my Bucket List, so I hope I can make the trip soon!!

2) Japan

Mr W and I both want to visit Japan partly for all the great historical sites and that view of Mount Fuji, but also because it’s the home of Nintendo! Another item on my Bucket List is to eat real sushi in Japan, so it needs to be in my top 5. I am also tantalised by the idea of having a private karaoke room in which I can warble to my heart’s content and not trouble pubgoers!

3) America

OK, I know New York is in America, but I’d love to do a USA roadtrip. I saw that Stephen Fry programme a while back where he visited each of the 50 states and I would love to do that! I’m ridiculously and very sadly interested in the USA and used to spend my lunch hour at work playing games designed to teach US school children the state capitals. State capital of Alaska anyone?

4) Uluru

I’ve been to Australia, but to Sydney and Fremantle for only a very short time, so we never got to travel into the interior or see any of the Outback. I’d love to see (and climb) Uluru and see it at sunset – well, just look at that picture! I read A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute a few years ago and the thought of Alice Springs and other outback towns appealed to me – so much so that I’ve started to read a lot more Australian fiction and would love to visit some of the locations.

5) Lapland

I’d love, love, love to take my kids to Lapland to see Father Christmas before they get too old and become unbelievers! I’d love to meet a Reindeer and go somewhere here it is permanent day or night for half the year!

So that’s it for now, but this list is so subject to change that it’s ridiculous!!

Photobucket

This entry was posted in All About Me! and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Listography – The Top 5 Places I’d Like to Visit

1. The Rambling Pages says:

Great list, we match on Japan, and I agree a road trip across America would be great, however Australia as well is very appealing! Think my list is getting bigger x

2. Great list. I use to live in NYC and your list includes the highlights. It’s a great city and so easy to get around really. You just have to get use to the volume of people.

My Dad did a camping trip to Uluru in the 1950s when there were no roads, no hotels, etc. Think how amazing that would have been.

Hadn’t thought of visiting Santa. Good idea!

• Stacey says:

Yeah, that would’ve been amazing – it’s always such a shame that tourist attractions becom so popular that all that development happens. When I Went to Egypt the pyramids at Giza are so touristy and there’s so much trash flying around in the air! Going to somewhere like Sakkara, more off the tourist trail you get more of a sense of the place.

3. Zoe_Paige says:

Ohh, Uluru! It’s amazing. So bright. And BIG. There is a waterfall on it, can you believe that?

4. Kate Takes 5 says:

Oh it’s an excellent list! Chrysler building is my favourite too and an American roadtrip was on my to-do list for a long time. Maybe one day…Japan ditto. In fact I may just steal your whole list. Yoink!

• Stacey says:

He he! When you’ve got the travel bug you could do anyone’s list quite happily I think! And yoink is such a great word – it’s not used enough in day to day life!

5. Hannah says:

Uluru is amazng. One of the best places I’ve ever been x

6. Jay says:

What a great list! I *adored* New York – I always thought people would think I’m weird loving the Chrysler Building so much when the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty are so much more famous, but it’s so beautiful!

I need to extend my list to *at least* 15 places having read a few more listographies. Darn you Kate!

7. That rainbow over Ayres Rock is unbelievable. What an incredible choice of destinations. Perhaps we should all muck in together a charter a Round-The-World jet

8. Nel says:

NYC is on my list of things to do, but I’ve got it in my head I will be living the SATC life when I’m there. Obviously without the shagging hot men as I no doubt will have my husband with me 🙁

9. TheBoyandMe says:

A great list. I’ve been to New York and unfortunately I think we chose the wrong time of year, it was too hot to enjoy. I might be bursting your bubble here, while the Chrysler building is stunning you’re not allowed to go any further into the building than the entrance because it’s all offices. I was disappointed with the amount of stunning architecture that you can only stand and look at. Sorry.

Hubby has been lucky enough to fly on Concorde to Lapland, what an amazingly lucky person. I would love to take The Boy there when he’s older.

• Stacey says:

Oh yeah I know – I’ve read all I can get my hands on about it. It’s such a shame as pictures of the Cloud Club look fantastic!