I posted last week about a recipe I had devised for the British Turkey and Peppadew recipe competition and, since the nice people at British Turkey sent me three different cuts of meat, I thought I’d have a go at a new recipe for each cut.
The second recipe I tried was a kind of stroganoff dish – I say kind of as I’m sure those pesky Russian would recoil in horror at my combination of ingredients in thier classic dish, but I thought it was rather tasty! So anyway, on with the recipe:
Turkey and Peppadew Stroganoff
500g Diced Turkey Thigh
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, Sliced
1 Tsp Garlic Paste
8 Peppadew, Roughly Chopped
4 Tbsp Creme Fraiche
1 Tsp Cornflour in 1 Tbsp Water
100g Mushrooms, Sliced
1. Gently fry the onion and garlic paste in the olive oil
2. Add the turkey and cook until browned
3. Add the wine (no measurement, just add to your preference) and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Add the mushrooms and Peppadew, bring up the heat and cook for 15 minutes
5. Stir in the cornflour and creme fraiche, stirring until it has all heated evenly
6. Serve with rice or your choice of side dish
I’ve specified thigh meat for this dish as I do find it has more flavour to it than the breast meat, but you can use whatever cut of meat you like.
I served mine with some nice mushroom rice, as you can see:
The British Turkey and Peppadew competition is open until 14th May, so why not take a look and submit a recipe of your own?