So, this is my third and final entry in the British Turkey and Peppadew recipe competition. As I explained on my previous posts, I was sent three cuts of turkey, the final one of which was turkey steaks, so this is what I came up with.
Turkey, Peppadew and Mozzarella Rolls
50g Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 Turkey Breast Steaks
5 Peppadew, chopped
20g Black Olives
10g Grated Pecorino
4 Slices Parma Ham
100g Mozzarella, roughly chopped
Black Pepper to taste
1. Beat the turkey so it is flat and thin
2. Combine the olives, peppadew, pecorino, mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes and season well
3. Place a generous amount of the mixture onto each turkey steak
4. Roll up the turkey steaks and wrap 2 slices of parma ham around each roll
5. Cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
And you get:
I quite enjoyed this one, the Peppadew inside the turkey roll really made it taste sweet, but the sun dried tomatoes balanced it out a bit and it was lovely with a small salad – Yum!