So, Happy Birthday to Me and all that – coffee and cakes round mine…
When is your birthday? 11th May 1978
Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them:
Is anyone listed as being born on the same day as you (ie the same year)? If so, what do you know about them?:
Perttu Kivilaakso – He is a Finnish Cellist and he plays with Apocalyptica. I know about them as they play – unusual – music for Cello, namely a lot of Metallica music. I was debating having their version of Nothing Else Matters at our wedding, but it does sound a bit funereal for a wedding!
List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them:
1. Bob Marley – I don’t know anything about him apart from the obvious, e.g. his great music and that he died of Cancer after refusing treatment due to his religious beliefs.
2. Douglas Adams – Author of the fantastic Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, fervent Environmental campaigner and atheist.
3. Floyd Patterson – An American Boxer. I know nothing about him apart from this!
List three notable events that took place on your birthday:
1. In 1820, the HMS Beagle launched, taking Charles Darwin on his scientific journey, opening up the world to the theory of Evolution. Good man!
2. In 1924, Mercedes-Benz was formed.
3. Particularly relevant for me, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was formed on my birthday in 1927 – I love a bit of Oscar!
Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday:
There are lots of Christian feast days on 11th May, but since I don’t care for religious celebrations, I’ll tell you that 11th May is Minnesota’s State Day. Happy State Day, Minnesota!
Finally, please tag some people who will hate you some lovely people to carry on this meme, then link back to this post so they can find the badge and link up their post once published.
Since most of my friends have already been tagged for this, I’ll just leave it as an open invitation. Don’t forget to link up, now y’hear?